19 April 2011

Philippians 4:1-7


1 Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.  2 I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. 3 Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.  Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

  Paul mentions three people, Euodia, Syntyche, and Clement as having their “names in the book of life.”  He exhorts the Philippians to help the two women.  This is something that we should all do when it comes to fellow believers.  We should always be welcome and helpful to their needs.  When people travel or perhaps move from one place to another, we should let them stay with us, feed them, and love on them as they are our own.

  This has been my experience here in Texas.  The Lord has truly blessed me with a church that I feel at home in.  Why do I feel at home?  Because there is a genuine love for Christ here.  This Love has been apparent from day one and is constantly there.  Thank You so much Lord for blessing me with the ability to serve and be served by this local body.  Praise You for Your work in their lives.

  Peace is something that is overshadowed many times when we talk about what the Lord has done in our lives.  Has He given you peace?  If not brothers and sisters be at peace!  The Lord will take care of today and tomorrow.  He has always done so and will continue to do so.  He is a great God.  Be happy, rejoice, pray, and have peace.  These things are what we are called to.  Not anxiety or unhappiness for not knowing the future.  If you trust the Lord with your life, then trust that He will take care of you and has HIS best interest in mind for your life.  After all, it is His life that we have desired in us right?  Trust in Him.  Take comfort in His love, not the situation you are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment