07 March 2011

2 Peter 3:8-13

  God is all knowing, all present, and all powerful.  Why should we hesitate to trust what His Word says?  Yet, it is so easy to look away from Him for faith.  I put my faith in people and things that are out of my control.  Lord help me to turn to you for everything and NOT things of this world. 

  We tend to view our lives as the be all and end all for things in this world.  It is very easy to think that this world knew nothing before us and will know nothing after us except what we physically leave behind.  Our focus should truly be on how we are growing in the Lord and advancing His kingdom.  Am I allowing the Lord to work through me?  Am I allowing Christ to be glorified through my life?  Man what a challenge!

  What a glorious day it will be when the Lord comes back.  It will be horrible to know that I could have done so much more; yet, a wonderful thing to see Christ stand before me, to fall on my face and worship Him forever!  What we do here will be called to light.  Whether saved or not, v.10 tells us “But the day of the Lord will come … and the Earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.”  Lord help me to live for you.

  Let us put our hope in the things laid out in v.11-13; the new Heaven and new Earth.  One where Christ will rule, and there will be no more tears.  Let us focus on the coming Glory that Christ will and has received, not the trials and hardships that are before us.  Know the big picture that we are on the winning team, if you are found in Christ, and He will reign forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment