08 February 2011

1 Peter 2:13-25


  “Honor everyone.  Love the brotherhood.  Fear God.  Honor the emperor.”  These four statements pretty much sum up our life and what it should be as a Christian.  We need to respect everyone around us, whether we like them or not.  Love our Christian brothers and sisters.  Living with a fear of God is the only way to live as a Christian.  Honor the authority that the Lord has put over you.  This is how we are to live.  This is how we are to love.

  v. 20 is an interesting example to me of how to work.  In the business world people get disrespected all the time.  There was a time in my career where our teams were all switched around.  We had new supervision, new team members, and no one really knew what the other brought to the table.  Because I was in a position where I worked mainly on my own with little to no support from others, it was difficult to show what I could bring to the team.  There were people from other teams that would try and put me down behind my back to my boss.  I had a friend that I trusted hear about this and mention it to me.  I was told “you have to say something; you cannot let them talk about you like that.”  But I simply looked at this person and said, “My work will speak for itself.  The right people will know in the right time.”  This person did not know what to say since they had never thought about it that way before.  v.20 makes me realize now that even if no credit is ever given to me for any work that I do, Christ is glorified, if I am living my life for Him. 

  Christ is the perfect example to us.  We cannot look to others or copy others actions, unless those actions reflect who Jesus Christ is.  He has given shown us the way to live.  Lecrae (my favorite rapper) had a song about growing up without “an example of a Godly man” … “well hold on, just keep your eyes on Christ!”  How true are those words?!  This is our calling.  This is my calling.  “Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in His steps.” (v.21)

No comments:

Post a Comment