24 February 2011

2 Peter 2:4-10


  Wow, what a set of verses here.  There are so many times that I feel like Lot; stuck in this sinful world with no hope of change.  That is especially true being away from my church family.  How grateful I am to have found a church family that seems to desire to preach and teach the Gospel.  I pray that I can be a part of them and minister to them as they minister to me.

  I am confident in my relationship with Christ.  I am confident with who I am in Christ.  So to look at those who have perished in the past from the unbelief is difficult.  It is difficult to see those who so apparently do not believe, but instead live for their own desires.  Such was the case with Sodom and Gomorrah.  This was also the case with the ancient world from which Noah and the seven others were saved.  It is so hard to watch. 

  It comforts me a little to know that Lot too was “tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard.”  I feel the same way being here away from everything and hearing what other people desire to do on their time off.  It is interesting how the Lord desires us to be with other believers; to be with the church.  Lot was not and that seems to have affected him negatively. 

  What is even more comforting is the Lord’s faithfulness.  If the Lord saved Lot and Noah; and, if the Lord judged those in the past who have sinned against Him; and, if not even the angels will escape judgment; then, the Lord will deliver me and judge those I see who desire nothing but to live in their sin.  They do not desire to Praise the Lord.  They do not desire to Honor Him as Lord and Savior.  This is their condemnation. 

  It is my desire that these people would know who the Lord is.  The only way that I can do this is if the Lord wills me to speak words for Him and He works in their hearts.  Heavenly Father, please grant me the wisdom to speak.  Work on these peoples hearts Lord.  Minister to them showing them that you are God and we are not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment