16 February 2011

1 Peter 5:6-14


  Computer was down yesterday … no entry :(

  In the last few verses of the letter to the exiles, Peter encourages them to be firm and hold fast to the faith.  In v.6 Peter encourages the exiles to focus on the future ahead of them in Christ and not on the persecution they are currently facing; reassuring them in v.7 of God’s love for them.  This can be such a struggle for me at times.  How can God love me when I am such a complete sinner?  All I know is that He desires to be glorified and I am a tool of that.  I need to live in HIS strength to do that.  Whatever that means. 

  I thought that v.9 was interesting since Peter is simply encouraging the exiles that things like the persecution they were experiencing was taking place in other parts of the world.  They were not alone.  Things like this happen to this very day in parts of the world.  We have it so easy here in the States that we cannot fathom being driven from our homes and murdered for being a Christian.  How surreal that seems.

  If ever I were to experience true persecution v.10 and 11 would be an encouragement to me.  “and after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.  To Him be the dominion forever and ever.  Amen.”  How awesome is it to know we have been hand chosen by God, made even, to serve on the winning team in the battle?!  God is so good and I am so not.  Praise be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment